Watch A Movie Online


Wednesday 7 May 2014

"Six Degrees Of Separation:" The Desire For Fame And Riches

"Isn't that what everyone wants? A new world?" Ouisa Kittridge (Stockard Channing) in the movie Six Degrees of Separation. I was stunned when I first saw the movie "Six Degrees of Separation" in 1993 in a theater in Evanston, Illinois. I was visiting my sister who had a party to go to. I went to the movies. I remember walking to my car afterwards in a daze. At the time, I didn't understand why. Now I know. The lives of the rich and famous seem so wonderful. F. Scott Fitzgerald, the author of The Great Gatsby said, "The rich are different from you and me" to which Ernest Hemingway purportedly responded, "Yes. They have more money," suggesting that there's nothing special about them. Yet I want to be them. Perhaps you do too. ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Watch A Movie Online At iMovies Club

Watch A Movie Online At iMovies Club